Pilot ship skillfully through the channel in order to guide them safely during berthing operations or at single point moorings or alongside jetties during loading operations, ensuring all documentation is completed and safety regulation complied with by the ship during these manoeuvers.
• Board the ship when it is within a certain range of the port and guide her safely through the channel to the point of berthing, mooring and loading.
• Guide, direct and monitor the loading of cargo into the ship, ensuring that all safety regulation are complied with at all times during these operation.
• Participate in the scheduling of the incoming ships, cargo loading etc. with the clients on a regular basis; facilitate smooth running of station operation in line with port rules and regulations.
• Assume the role of company’ representative while onboard the ship undertake all responsibility including signing all relevant documentation required for loading, berthing and mooring.
• Ensure all shore papers, cargo data and related documents are in order before the ship’s agents come on board.
• Ensure all safety management practices are fully implemented and complied within accord with the company’s safety and environment protection policy.
• Supervised the dropping of hoses after loading to ensure that no pollution take place and all safety norms are adhered to.
• Monitor safety by checking unsafe practices and report the latter to authorities onshore.
• Carry out requisite inspections for ships above a certain age to determine whether it is safe to bring them in and load cargo.
Start Date : 26/05/2015
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs