• To provide crane assurance for GMS with the highest emphasis on safety.
• .Daily monitoring and action of all company cranes, associated equipment, offshore operators and documentation.
The Crane Superintendent shall be responsible, but not limited to, the following:
• To carry regular offshore routine inspection of cranes and related equipment/documentation and procedures.
• To assist at budget times with preparation of running and projected repair costs.
• To ensure that all spare parts and materials onboard and ashore utilised are in good order and immediately fit for purpose.
• To monitor and assist vessel staff keep vessels carne systems fully operational and compliant with company-client/ industry standards.
• To attend vessels at short notice for troubleshooting/breakdowns; and to be available to respond to offer remote assistance and mitigate potential offhire situations regarding cranes.
• To review and recommend crane process improvements from conception to implementation.
• To train crew (and report on) and to ensure their work is performed in a safe manner, and in accordance with company’s safety policies and procedures.
• To follow and show strong commitment to company quality and safety procedures for completing work.
• To be present at mobilisation, dry dockings and repair periods to supervise crane works. Prior to these periods to assist the Fleet Manager with preparations for same.
• To be part of the incident investigation team as designated by the QHSE Manager.
• To adhere to company QHSE policy.
• To participate in GMS Safety Observation Programme and Safety Meetings
• To observe at any time local, international rules and regulations and to follow COSWP.
• Minimum 3 years of Offshore Crane Technician experience on range of cranes including heavy lifts.
• Must hold current lifting certificates as required for offshore crane operations.
• Experience of crane mechanics and hydraulics is required in order to assess servicing and maintenance issues.
• Should be able to train and assess crane operators and deck crews.
• Travel is required for the crane inspections and maintenance on regular basis.
• Must hold all offshore trainings in accordance with GMS training matrix.
• Must have good report writing and project planning experience with basic budgeting concept.
Start Date : 28/04/2015
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs