A challenging & key role with the leading National Oil Company of U.A.E. where the incumbent will lead and develop the Fire & Rescue Section to ensure readiness to respond immediately to Fire, Hydrocarbon and Toxic Gas Release, Vehicle Accidents, Rescue and Fire Loss Control related situations within all the Terminal facilities on a 24/7 basis.
JOB PURPOSE & SCOPE:
1. Responds 24 hours per day to all emergency incidents involving control of fire, onshore oil / gas releases, rescue or other pertinent incidents, supervises all activities at incident sites, investigates all related incidents and prepares reports including findings and recommendations in line with COMPANY Corporate HSE Accident Investigation procedures.
2. Commands and controls the activities assigned to emergency response teams, including Fire & Rescue, Mutual Aid Organisation members, HSE & Medical, at incident scene and advises Emergency Controllers of the Alert Status throughout any incident.
3. Ensures all aspects of emergency preparedness are in place and appropriate for the identified risks, including the use of Pre-Emergency 4. Plans and simulated emergency incident exercise programmes and mutual aid members.
5. Directs and monitors all testing and maintenance to comply with integrity and certification requirements, including fire systems, life support equipment, BA, PPE, communication equipment, fire fighting vehicles, fire detection and alarm systems, fire pumps, ringmain hydrants, fire water monitors, rimseal foam fire fighting systems and equipment.
6. Conducts regular audits, inspections of COMPANY facilities to ensure compliance with international and Company fire codes and standards. Initiates and recommends engineering modifications of facilities to meet new fire prevention requirements.
7. Conducts project acceptance testing and inspection for fire systems, installations, structures and ensures implementation of maintenance programmes if appropriate.
8. Responsible for raising Fire Brigade Financial Proposals, setting and managing budget for training and development, vehicle maintenance, foam stocks, PPE, BA and other equipment servicing etc.
An attractive remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidates and will be in line with a competitive industry standard.
Desired Candidate Profile
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Station / Watch Commander level and Fire Service Instructor. Preferable Graduate from UK Institute of Fire Engineers or equivalent.
2. 8 years’ experience involved in fire fighting / protection and use of fire and life support equipment within oil industry, 5 of which must have been in a senior commanding position.
3. Knowledge of HSE Regulations and HSE Management System.
4. Possession of UAE Valid driving license is essential.
5. Very good knowledge of English language.
USA, Canadian, UK, European, Singaporean or S. African Fire Brigade physical fitness requirements, training certificates, examination qualifications.
Start Date : 02/04/2015
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs