This position is for a general Jetty Superintendent working on behalf of the Company.
As a Company project representative there is an implied duty to cooperate, facilitate, encourage and support the EPC and their Subcontractors to the best of your ability to achieve the expected project outcomes.
The Jetty Superintendent is responsible for ensuring the site works are properly managed and executed by the EPC and their approved Subcontractors in accordance with the Contract Agreement.
This role requires the Jetty Superintendent to work and interface with other Company discipline Superintendents, Engineers, Planners, Authorities and the EPC Contractor, Vendors to ensure key Contract deliverables are met.
General Job Scope
The general execution scope for the Jetty Superintendent on the LNG plant Site works is inclusive of a variety of disciplines and interfaces, typically this will include;
• Bathymetric survey and benchmark controls
• marine dredging preparation works
• marine piling and trestle works
• breasting and mooring structures
• excavations and underground services trenching
• marine utility infrastructure; power, water, sewer, comm’s, fibre etc..
• reinforced concrete foundations and marine structures,
• Structural erection (piperacks, mechanical arms/platforms etc..)
• Mechanical equipment installations
• temporary and permanent building construction
• jetty access roads,
• security fencing
Overall responsibility for Company oversight of the EPC day to day management of the works, inclusive of but not limited to;
• Compliance, oversight, guidance and support to the EPC
• Support the implementation of the Company HSE Policies and procedures
• Support the implementation of the Company Assurance program and processes
• Provide safety leadership to EPC Contractor to achieve best in class safety performances on site
• Actively participate in EPC site toolbox talks, pre-starts and site safety briefings and meetings
• Monitor and report on EPC compliance to project HSE and Assurance requirements
• Monitoring and Review of EPC related Assurance activities and verification documentation
• Assure EPC is performing all marine works in accordance with the approved plans and procedures
• Site surveillance and reporting of EPC construction progress against approved schedules
• Assist line Managers as required in the management of the overall Construction program,
• Work closely with EPC construction teams to ensure a concise and clear understanding of all applicable engineering designs, project specifications and standards,
• Complete discipline document reviews and comments for assurance approvals
• Reviewing calculations, technical notes, requisitions, specifications, drawings and similar deliverables produced within Discipline.
• Monitor and review construction practices, including design control, document control, interface management and special processes,
• Provide detailed daily records and reports as required by line management
• Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of EPC construction practices
• Attend Construction management progress, planning meetings and workshops,
• Report all incidents and near misses immediately,
• Comply with a duty of care to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times.
• Adhere to the Business Principles and Code of Conduct at all times
Specific experience and expertise in the following areas is required:
• Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant industry experience with directly supervising contractors and/or work crews in LNG marine jetty construction works on major capital projects
• Proven track record of working as a Company representative on EPC lump sum oil and gas projects
• Proven ability to liaise professionally with EPC Contractor and other key stakeholders on site
• Previous experience in a similar role(s) on a large scale project(s) with a history of safety leadership,
• Advanced knowledge of construction activities for marine structures, piling, mooring dolphins, buildings and associated disciplines, such as survey, mechanical, structural erection, piling, roads etc..
• Knowledge of the applicable codes, standards and good construction and engineering practices
• Advanced computer skills for MS office, Adobe and Database software applications
• Proven ability to interpret and manage project schedules and report against EPC field progress
• Proven ability to manage and influence a team and develop an effective culture through respect
• A sound understanding of financial controls and project budgets
• Proficient English language skills, both verbal and written,
• Effective communication and leadership skills,
• Team player who is able to foster relationships, and think outside the box,
• Ability to deliver a culture committed to safely delivering the Project targets
• Ability to schedule priorities and multi-task within the assigned EPC Contract packages
• Able to work autonomously with minimal technical guidance and instruction
Education & Qualifications
• A degree/diploma qualification or equivalent 10 years’ experience in related discipline field and/or marine projects.
• Civil Construction & Maintenance Certificate Level 4 (or equivalent), preferred.
• Fluent oral and written knowledge of English
• Knowledge of Portuguese is advantageous.
Domaine d'activité : Mechanical
Start Date : 28/04/2020
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs