Competitive Intelligence & Decision Analyst
Contract - 6 months+
The role has three major components:
• Expert practitioner - This is essentially an expert internal consultancy role to lead decision & strategy analysis workshops / evaluations.
• External and industry analysis -responsible for providing scans of the external environment to ensure the organisation can remain robust to the changing environment and developing an internal Competitive Intelligence capability.
• Trainer / coach / mentor -delivery of tailored training courses in Decision Analysis to the organisation. A key aspect of this role will be to provide coaching and mentoring to course participants as they put the learnings into practice.
• Safety - Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy
• Leadership - Undertakes the role in line with corporate policy and demonstrates behaviours in line with company values at all times. Readily accepts accountability
• Financial - Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk.
• To provide facilitative leadership to lead Decision, Strategy and Scenario Analysis evaluations by helping project teams to frame and structure problems, develop strategic alternatives / options based on information and elicited knowledge, quantify risk and recommend solution / options, which could minimise risk and maximise opportunities. These types of problems are typically initiated by senior managers or project leaders who have difficult decisions as there is no clear path or there is considerable internal conflict.
• To lead the delivery of training courses in decision making and provide follow-up coaching and support.
• To provide leadership to the DA Community of Practice and to coach DA Framers on the practical implementation of Decision Analysis into their daily work.
• To provide external and industry analysis to ensure the organisation can remain robust to the changing environment. This includes generating briefing documents and internal presentations summarising key insights to allow inform decisions to be made.
• To lead the develop tools and techniques that can be incorporated into the Strategy and Decision Analysis programme e.g. Scenario Analysis and Competitive Intelligence. This includes piloting new techniques and applications into a wider area of problems and establishing a library of best practice.
• Collaboration - Collaborates across the organisation and looks for opportunities to leverage their internal and external networks and work with others to develop safe, practical and effective solutions
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation - Continuously develops ways of working by seeking feedback from colleagues and key stakeholders. Complies with project management disciplines, effectively utilises knowledge databases and actively participates in project reviews
• Capability Development - Looks for opportunities to develop technical and personal skills both by formal learning interventions and work experience. Coaches team colleagues where appropriate and demonstrates a personal commitment to lifelong learning
• People Processes - Engages with people processes in a positive and timely manner. Demonstrates a commitment to the spirit of such processes.
• BSc / MSc in an analytical / business subject e.g. economics, business studies etc.
• Ideally, Practitioner certification from the Society of Decision Professionals
• Approx. 3 years' experience in an business analyst role preferably in the oil & gas, energy or related industries
• Strong facilitation skills
• Experienced Decision Analyst
• Experience of applying competitive intelligence techniques.
• Ability to convey complex messages through excellent writing and communication skills.
• Training and coaching experience would be advantageous
Domaine d'activité : Mechanical
Start Date : 05/02/2019
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs