Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician
Oil & Gas Sector
• Mechanical commissioning technicians, vendor representatives and other support resources involved with mechanical equipment commissioning.
• The position also requires the ¡¥on the job¡¦ training of junior trainee Technicians in accordance with the company Competency Assessment & Assurance training plan.
Duties of a Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician:
• Direct (day-to-day) supervision of mechanical technicians, vendors and other resources assigned to support mechanical commissioning activities.
• Control commissioning risks by adherence to Company PTW system, ensuring HSE standards (Safe-oil) are maintained.
• Coordinate/Prepare PTW/JSA and isolations for mechanical commissioning, hold toolbox talks to ensure Technicians work is carried out in a safe and controlled manner.
• Develop commissioning work packs for the technicians to execute on site.
• Co-ordinate pre-commissioning / commissioning with construction, sub-contractors and vendor, Witness critical activities, raise commissioning punch-lists
• Arrange set up for system commissioning by ensuring temporaries installed, correct configuration of the system etc.
• Carry out line walks and punch listing to ensure systems are in accordance with P&IDs and other design documents, are ready for acceptance from construction.
• Execution of pre-commissioning, function testing, completion of ITRs, assist during dynamic commissioning of mechanical facilities, and preparation handover documents.
Essential Abilities of a Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician:
• Experience within oil/gas field project based facilities covering well sites, gathering systems, processing facilities, utilities and support systems.
• The Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician will have hands on knowledge of mechanical equipment stripping and overhaul (trades background).
• Sound understanding of commissioning processes and procedures and application of Completion Management Systems (PCMS) for the control of commissioning and handover.
• Competent in understanding project mechanical and piping documentation (P&IDs, Piping isometric drawings, construction plans and in commissioning planning and reporting.
• The Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician will be competent in installation, testing and start-up of rotating equipment (Pumps, prime movers, compressors etc.) and static process equipment and associated piping systems.
• Troubleshooting on all mechanical/piping equipment, particularly rotating equipment problems.
• The Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician will have the ability to work collaboratively and in a remote fast-changing environment within a multi-national commissioning and operations team with understanding and sensitivity for cultural diversity.
• Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor national disciplined staff in commissioning best practice and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications for a Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician:
Potential candidates interested in the Senior Mechanical Technician position MUST meet the following requirements:
• HND/ HNC or relevant qualification in a Mechanical engineering discipline.
• Good hands on trade background (Apprenticeship).
• The Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician will be fluent written and spoken English (Fluent French would be a strong advantage).
• Experience working in Africa (preferable).
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels, Graduates/ Trainees, Designers, Engineers right through to area lead / technical authority through to Department Group Manager roles.
This is a superb opportunity for a Senior Technician with a mechanical background and commissioning experience to take their next step in their career!
Start Date : 30/01/2019
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs