NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is currently seeking a Category/Project Advisor in Calgary, AB for a 1 year contract (to start). The working schedule would be Monday- Friday, 8 hours/ day.
S/he will be responsible for categories that are between $5MM to $100MM per category/project. S/he will be dealing with a multi-regional view and vendors that are multinationals. Support will be provided by the Category Advisor in strategy development, sourcing and award activities, but the primary accountability for delivery of the high criticality categories will reside with the Manager. This accountability will remain up to the point of contract award, at which time the Manager hands over the categories to the Category Advisor who will assume accountability for the management of supplier performance and relationship aspects. Working closely with the Business Units, suppliers and other stakeholders, s/he will be responsible for utilizing expertise in the areas of (1) Scope Segmentation (2) Demand Planning and Forecasting (3) Market Analysis, (4) Sourcing Options Selection (5) Tendering and Market Test (6) Negotiations and Contract Award (7) Supplier Performance Management (8) Materials Management.
• Develop and execute enterprise wide category strategies by leading cross functional teams through the Client's category management process based on an agreed-upon category wave plan and other business strategies approved by management, that may or may not be part of the wave plan.
• Establish category delivery plans, cross functional teams with clear roles and responsibilities and robust stakeholder management strategies.
• Lead the spend analysis and segmentation of categories based on spend and long term demand including any significant organization or market changes to jointly identify opportunities gaining business and management commitment through the development of business cases.
• Ensure category management processes are implemented and maintained from conception to close-out, in accordance with the Client's Supply Chain Management policy, Operational Integrity Management Systems (OIMS), the Governance and Enablement Group and all relevant regulatory requirements.
• Develop, maintain and enhance the Client's approach to the supply market analyzing current and future market activities, trends and identifying sourcing opportunities within the category with support from the Category Business Analysts.
• Manage the development and approval of sourcing strategies, taking into consideration both strategic and tactical levers through the application of appropriate sourcing tools and optimizing supplier relationships within the categories.
• Manage overall sourcing process including RFX development and completion through the use of available technologies. Where appropriate utilize alternative sourcing methods, for example, reverse auctions.
• Lead the development and negotiation of contracts, focusing of realizing the performance expectations of the strategy while managing appropriate risk allocation, acceptable terms and conditions and correct schedule utilization Manage the evaluation of RFX responses against a set of predefined criteria, including management of cross functional stakeholder groups preparing recommendations for award of contract. Apply total cost of ownership (TCO) methodology/methodologies.
• Manage business stakeholder relationships across the Client's organization in order to achieve buy-in and support for establishing KPI targets, objectives and strategies.
• Identify overall value opportunities within the category strategy including operational, structural, process and technology changes to realize benefits working with business stakeholders to initiate additional projects to realize these benefits.
• Manage overall transition from current strategy to the new strategy working with Category Specialists and stakeholders to manage risks and change over plans minimizing business impact.
• Ensure all SCM process, contracting documentation and master data changes are coordinated within the function, collaborating closely with all functions within Supply Chain Management.
• Leverage industry expertise by representing Client on industry groups, both nationally and internationally.
• Provide mentoring and/or day-to-day direction to junior staff.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Undergrad degree in a Technical or Business discipline
• 5 to 7 years of Procurement Management, Supplier Relationship & Performance Management and/or Contract Management experience
• Commercial experience with projects $50 million
• A background in oil and gas industry
• Direct experience in exploration, construction, drilling, completions, waste management, water management and logistics environments
• Previous experience with Segmentation and Team Selection, Supply Market Analysis, Sourcing Options Selection, Tendering and Market Tests
• Proven experience with negotiations and contract awards
• Strong Excel skills and solid skills with other Microsoft products
• Experience with Negotiation and Contract Award
• Experience with Supplier Performance Management
• Experience with Reporting of SCM Information
Start Date : 30/11/2018
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs