STRUCTURAL ENGINEER - Offshore
The service holder is responsible, within the client project technical team, for all activities related to the structural design of the surface and subsea facilities. The service holder acts as the Project technical authority for this discipline. The serive holder organises, supervises, controls and coordinates the works relative to the structural design as well as works and studies performed by the various contractors for whom he is the contact point.
The service holder reports to the client EPS Technical Manager, highlighting concerns encountered during the performance of his duties.
The service holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements and for implementing HSSE rules within his area of responsibility. MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
The service holder shall ensure strict implementation by all packages during project execution phase of Pre-Project requirements frozen per SOR and key binding documents.
The service holder shall control structural discipline related interfaces between Subsea, EPS platform topsides and Oil Rocks facilities.
Thje service holder shall Review design deliverables as relevant to STR discipline for conformity to design dossier and contractual standards.
The service holder shall liaise with client head quarters expertise experts in order to ensure adequacy and consistency of the structural design with the applicable referential.
1. Supervise Structural Design for offshore installation, including mostly new facilities jackets, bridges and topside, but also subsea structures for URFand SPS scope
2. Follow-up of Subsea foundation and piling design.
3. Ensure Contractibility well assessed and addressed in design.
4. Supervise Weight Control.
5. Ensure proper design solutions are set up for Sea Transportation, Lifting arrangements and appliances, Sea fastening design.
6. Material & Corrosion discipline deliverables review and coordination of client experts involvement as relevant.
7. Providing assistance to subsea packages for review of structural design and lifting appliances.
8. Participate to Project Reviews, prepare and follow-up of client audits.
9. Initiate 3rd party verification activities of structural/naval discipline or any structural studies outside of main contractors scope. CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The project is located offshore Azerbaijan in the Caspian Sea in 500m of water, about 100km south east of Baku, 25km north east of Shah Deniz field and 33km south of Oil Rocks production and processing facilities.
The project development includes:
a single well connected to SOCAR operated Oil Rocks facilities.
a 33-35 km insulated 12” line with both wet insulated section and PIP section
a dedicated receiving platform where gas and liquids will be separated.
35km of production umbilical and one SSIV umbilical
The development well will be spudded in Q3 2017 and the objective is to start production by Q4 2019.
Project scope includes greenfield facilities, e.g. HP gas well X-mas tree, production flowline and umbilical, not permanently manned separation platform, and brownfield modifications on Oil Rocks
facilities. EPS Platform is 50x50m, single deck, shallow water conventional platform (2000 tons topsides) installed on 4 mini-jackets (1500 tons str+piles). Connection bridge 360m between EPS platform and Oil Rocks existing facilities (4000 tons). Remote flare (70m height) and 100m bridge (300 tons).
Schedule driven, Fast Track project (start-up target is Q4 2019).
Project will have different technical referential applicable:
- Tie in to Existing facilities modifications design by SOCAR NIPI to local norms and practices,
- new EPS platform design to international regulations, code and standards. Jackets and bridges to be designed by SOCAR NIPI, will require close supervision and rigorous verifications.
- URF package will be designed in accordance with client referential 2016
- SPS package will follow Contractor’s standard, plus specific mitigations actions derived from GAP analysis performed versus client referential
Design installation for seismic active area. Topsides modular installation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Service Holder must have:
Extensive experience in Structural discipline.
Background in Civil Engineering discipline.
Working on Projects during FEED and EPC phase. 2-3 projects.
Spoken Russian or Azeri would be of a strong advantage.
Start Date : 02/05/2017
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs