Duration: 6 months (Renewable. Possibility for permanent contract)
Starting Date: ASAP
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO:
Geotechnical Engineering Manager
· lnternally with ether Engineering departments, Procurement dept, Operations dept, Offshore Contracting Group for installation activities.
· Externally with consultants, suppliers and clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS:
· To determine the optimum anchoring / foundations systems and equipment appropriate to the safe and efficient mooring of the Company's systems.
· To identify and write specifications for mooring equipment.
· To determine the dimensions, properties, motions, loads and characteristics of mooring systems and seabed facilities.
· To analyze anchor testing programs and R&D activities on related matters.
· To prepare and deliver technical papers promoting the Company's mooring expertise.
· To follow all relevant Sls and Departmental Working Instructions in the engineering of moorings and subsea activities.
· To monitor and review drawings, specifications and manuals related to installation activities.
· To ensure that the Company's installation, mooring and subsea engineering conforms to all relevant legislation, standards and codes.
· To assist in the technical evaluation of bids and proposals submitted by installation contractors and suppliers.
· To answer queries arising from clients, contractors or internal Company departments on moorings and geotechnical matters.
· To attend meetings and generally liaise with the client and installation contractor.
· To attend and contribute ta internal company / departmental / project meetings related to installation, mooring and geotechnical matters.
· To keep abreast of relevant developments in offshore and subsea technology.
· To contribute ta ideas and expertise for the improvement of Company performance in anchoring / mooring and geotechnical matters.
· To make presentations ta clients, contractors and in-house describing the Company's mooring systems.
· To supervise site investigation surveys.
· To supervise installation of the mooring systems.
· To perform FEM analysis.
· To attend offshore training courses, seminars etc. when required.
University degree in Geotechnical / Geophysical / Soil or relevant scientific discipline
At least 3 years of experience in the offshore engineering industry
· Fluent in English
· Knowledge and/or experience of Geotechnical Engineering
Start Date : 07/04/2017
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs