The Shift Lead position leads by example, by facilitating and nurturing a positive and open safety culture, as well as a diligent and effective environmental program. This is a rotating shift, supervisory role that performs as the Shift Lead and is responsible for coordination of all on-shift operations and routine maintenance in accordance with all permits, rules and operating procedures. The Shift Lead is expected to know and perform all operator levels and functions in the facility.
Main Tasks & Accountabilities
- Responsible for ensuring that all safety rules and procedures are followed by subordinates on his/her shift.
- Responsible for the safe start up, operation, shutdown, abnormal operations, emergency operations, troubleshooting and associated aspects of a combined cycle facility.
- Coordinate water chemistry and water treatment equipment operation and oversight with other operations and maintenance personnel.
- Evaluate and supervise operations and activities of subordinates and assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications.
- Generate, prepare, and submit various production, safety, and regulatory reports.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process for maintenance and operations personnel.
- Develop site training materials and documentation.
- Provide mentoring, training, guidance and support for site personnel.
- Develop goals and objectives for assigned personnel, provide periodic feedback and mentoring, prepare annual performance reviews, and perform other duties as part of the prescribed performance management process.
- Participate in the ongoing development, improvement and revision of applicable policies, standards and procedures.
- Write and maintain equipment logs, operational logs, work requests, safety documentation and other reports as required in a neat and professional manner.
- Read, understand and respond to written questions, instructions, operating orders and logbook notations.
- Oversee and perform routine and preventative maintenance when plant conditions allow, and oversee and assist maintenance personnel in maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain qualifications and abilities to cover any level of operator in the facility (vacation, call out, vacancies, sick leave, etc.).
- Work call-outs as required to maintain Plant availability.
- Responsible to complete assigned safety, administrative, technical or other training as required in a timely matter.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
A control room environment with daily walk rounds
A degree in an engineering discipline or a similar relevant qualification and experience is preferred
At least 8 years of increasingly responsible experience in the operation of a combined cycle power plant (preferably large frame units), including one (2) years of supervisory or lead responsibility. Hands on experience with all aspects of power plant operations and maintenance including mechanical maintenance, instrument and electrical systems. Experience with the construction, commissioning and start-up of combined cycle facilities is desired. GE Frame 9 experience is required.
Operating experience with modern control systems (DCS, HMI, PLC, etc.).
Ability in production control.
Skill in communicating effectively.
Experience with computer software programs such as MS word, Excel, Power Point and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
Written and spoken English
Good written and spoken Kurdish (desirable, not essential)
Must be physically fit
Excellent analytical skills
Good problem solving skills
Start Date : 17/03/2017
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs