LEAD QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Location: Geoje, South Korea
Status: Rotation (12 weeks on / 2 weeks off)
Duration: 3 months
Starting Date: ASAP
The Lead Quantity Surveyor reports to the Cost Control Manager.
He / she is located within the Project Control team.
He / she will manage one quantity surveyor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Lead Quantity Surveyor is ensuring the quantity workflow within the consortium acting as a leader for coordination, consolidation, reporting, and he will be responsible of quality standard as per the contract/consortium requirement.
He / she is the key person for final negotiations linked to any quantity discussion.
Main duties of the Lead Quantity Surveyor are:
· To coordinate the overall quantity process within the consortium.
· To check the forecast and actual quantities of work to be done under each construction activity as per contract requirements and prepared by consortium partner.
· To ensure the right level of quality either in terms of quantity and / or in terms of measurement convention taken / contractual entitlement.
· To perform measurements and / or quantity assessments in line with the methods of measurement when required and to cross-check quantity inputs issued on the project by engineering, construction, and commissioning departments.
· To complete or validate material take-off to estimate erected quantities based on drawings or other documents in coordination with the field engineering team or the construction team if required.
· To consolidate the quantity reports or quantity measurement for final account including a detailed analysis of the quantity variations.
· To assess the remaining quantity to be installed.
· To prepare and compile Final Bill of Quantities and report for Close Out analysis.
· To manage the consortium quantity team by leading all the meetings with or without the client including issuance of Minutes of Meeting, tracking and expediting actions and overall alignment.
· To estimate the quantities and costs resulting from site instructions / work orders.
· To analyse the quotations given by consortium partner for any work order, variation request, offers and the like.
· To keep updated the register for work orders.
· To assist and participate for any consortium partner commercial negotiation regarding work orders, variation requests, back charges and the like, upon request of Cost Control Manager.
· To keep proper archiving and back-up of all documents.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Engineering degree, able to read drawings and estimate quantities is preferable but not essential in lieu of work experience.
· Recognized qualification to a degree level in commercial discipline (e.g. Quantity Surveyor, Construction Management, Contract Management) is mandatory.
· Minimum 10 years relevant work experience in projects in the oil and gas sector is desired.
· Quantity surveying certification.
· Experience in Yard in Korea is preferable.
· Experience in carry-over works estimation would be preferable.
· Computer skills, good knowledge of excel, CAD
· Leadership, quality oriented, proactive with strong communication skills, self-motivated, autonomous, rigorous, organized, able to effectively plan his / her own work in correct priorities and deliver on time, work as a team member.
Start Date : 02/03/2017
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs