• Understanding of current safety legislation (BS / EN / OSHA).
• Understanding of Electrical construction disciplines, particularly in the onshore Oil and Gas related fields, preferably in HV and LV systems
• Understand how to read relevant engineering drawings, specifications, codes, SLDs
• Ability to understand logic linked schedules (P3 / P6 or similar).
• Ability to communicate effectively with contractor and client's construction and supervision in English & Azerbaijan language (oral and written).
• Knowledge and understanding of client's management operating systems would be an advantage
• Good IT skills, (understanding of MS office, etc
• Promoting project HSE objectives.
• Provide direction and leadership to the Contractor works scope in all Electrical and Instrumentation related works
• Lead the Construction team Lessons Learned Process
• Participate in the Onshore team Risk Management Process
• Participate in task risk assessment meetings.
• Expediting site query response from where applicable
• Providing assistance to the construction contractor for resolution of issues, etc.
• Witnessing and approving site acceptance tests.
• Assist Quality department in assurance and control activities.
• Review and acceptance of contractor construction procedures
• Review and acceptance of contractor procedures for installation of all Electrical works, including LERs / LSRs / power generation units / etc.
• Oversight and management of electrical energising programmes, (liaison with nominated specialists in HV energising, etc)
• Monitor contractor performance and highlight any concerns to line manager.
• Attending project meetings as required.
• Encourage development of Azeri National personnel
• Provide advice, coaching and training to Azeri National personnel as necessary
• Mentor and assist in training of junior staff as required
• Participate in the reporting process on construction progress, both schedule and cost.
• Liaise with contractor’s PMT on all Electrical / Instrumentation construction related issues
• Compilation of reports as required.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
HNC / ONC or local equivalent in electrical / instrumentation engineering discipline
• Track record of experience gained in similar oil and gas / petrochemical / power generation related international projects, in a similar role leading to development of the following skill sets:
a) Leading teams of tradesmen in Electrical / Instrumentation trades.
b) Planning activities on a daily / weekly basis and linking into schedule
c) Organising resources into work groups
d) Resolution of technical issues at site level and liaising with engineering
e) Employing motivational techniques to enhance performance from employees under your control
f) Assist in the control of budget within designated area, progress in P3/P6, and reporting same in a structured format
Start Date : 14/10/2016
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs