Primary Purpose of the Job
Responsible for the corrosion engineering activities and provide technical inputs to the design, engineering, fabrication and installation of the project scope; with focus on the successful execution of the project on time, within budget and in accordance with the agreed project requirements, specifications and standards.
Decision Making Authority:
1) Planning, execution and decisions for the Materials & Corrosion Engineering design activities on time and within budget, and as per agreed project requirements and specifications.
2) Responsible for complex technical solutions during the execution of the project.
Operate within the framework of established company policies and departmental procedures, guided by engineering codes, standard practices and procedures.
3) Work accomplishments are not subject to third-party checks. The work is occasionally overviewed by the Engineering Manager.
1) Exposed, for extended periods of time, to assignment overseas.
2) Exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments. Need to attend to and resolve conflicts, challenges and problems related to a large multi-cultural and multi-discipline technical workforce.
3) Exposed to offshore work environments during construction, installation, hook-up, commissioning, start-up and handover.
4) Activities executed with the highest required level of confidentiality.
1) B.Sc. in Metallurgy I Mechanical or relevant Engineering from a recognised University, higher degree would be advantageous.
2) Membership of a recognised professional engineering association (or institution) is preferable.
3) A minimum of 15 years' experience in Materials & Corrosion Engineering design in Oil & Gas Industry with an Oil & Gas Company or Consultant/Contractor, of which at least 10 years should have been in offshore Oil & Gas processing projects.
1) Of the 15 years' experience, a minimum of 8 years should have been as a Senior Materials & Corrosion Engineer in a major project and a minimum of 5 years as Lead Materials & Corrosion Engineer in design of major projects in a reputable engineering consultant, EPIC Contractors or O&G Company.
2) Fully familiar with Shell DEP's and other international design codes and standards.
3) Fully familiar with Materials & Corrosion Engineering discipline software and design review.
4) Familiar with all types of FEED and EPIC deliverables, equipment, design and construction progress reviews.
5) Proven ability to manage Materials & Corrosion Engineering team in a major project environment.
6) Fundamental knowledge to level of" proficient" or preferably level of "mastery" in Materials & Corrosion Engineering with added strength in the other disciplines to level of" developed" .
7) Strong technical, planning, communication, reporting and leadership skills
Start Date : 17/08/2016
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs