Description du poste
Senior Quantity Surveyor, Construction Supervision
To provide post-contract quantity surveying services in a senior capacity as part of a large multidisciplinary contract administration and construction supervision team for a major high rise corporate/commercial office building project, comprising a 385 m tall, 75-storey office tower and 25 m tall podium within a new urban development in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Reporting to the Contract Administration and Site Supervision Project Manager, responsibilities will include, but will not necessarily be limited to:
• Evaluation and certification of contractor’s applications for interim progress payments for work executed, based on re-measurement of work completed.
• Analysis and negotiation of variations to the contract sum.
• Analysis and recommendations in relation to contractor’s claims and provisional sums.
• Preparation of cost reports and other reports as required as part of general project reporting to the Employer/Project Manager.
• Provision of support to the Construction Administration and Supervision Project Manager in relation to commercial aspects of the construction contract.
• Analysis and settlement of final accounts.
• Establish and maintain cost control procedures and maintain an informed position on site progress and all matters relating to the cost control of the project.
• Assist the Project Manager with the proper interpretation of the conditions of contract and with the operation of the project schedule and cost control system.
• Monitor correspondence of a contractual significance passing between the various parties, and advise the Project Manager and the Senior Architect on the contractual basis of any claims made by the Contractor.
• Assist in the preparation of valuation of change orders, and the cost implication of proposed design revisions.
• Measure actual works for which provisional quantities have been allowed.
• Review the Contractor's Activity Values as presented in the Detailed Working Schedule.
• Carry out weekly assessment of job financial progress and check the accuracy of the Contractor's Weekly Progress Report.
• Maintain updated project cash flow curve in order to monitor performance trends in terms of earnings.
• Review, check and certify the Contractor's Applications for Payment and produces corrected figures where necessary.
• Prepare reports on project cost aspects as directed by the Project Manager.
• Attend weekly progress meeting with Client and Contractor and prepare record minutes for signature of all parties.
Suitable candidates will hold a degree in Building Economics/Quantity Surveying and must be an associate member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and have a minimum of 20 years’ experience since graduation in quantity surveying on major high-rise building construction projects, some of which should ideally have been gained in the Middle East.
Candidates will be expected to be familiar with international building construction procedures standards and methods of measurement as well as the FIDIC form of contract for building and civil engineering construction works.
A thorough knowledge of site-based post-contract procedures for measurement of works executed and valuation/certification for payment and analysis, negotiation and settlement of contract variations and claims and final accounts is also required.
Suitable candidates will also be proficient in written English, particularly in relation to technical and contractual terminology and possess good communications and inter-personal skills.
Start Date : 23/04/2016
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs