Purpose: To assist the Hatchery manager in supervising the activities of production, security, work and living environment.
Key Responsible Areas
• Supervises day-to-day management of farm , all life stages of fish from eyed eggs to juveniles when it is moved to the cage farms
• Assists in planning work schedules, assignments, and production sequences, to meet production goals.
• Calculates labor and equipment requirements and production specifications as per Standard Operating Procedures
• Reads and analyzes production schedules to determine production requirements.
• Maintains accurate operations data, such as time, production, and cost records and prepares management reports.
• Feeds and cares for fish using available technology and monitors fish health.
• Checks the fish for disease and apply treatments when necessary
• Collects and record growth and production data including the number of fish that die, the number and weight of fish and eggs harvested, and the number and weight of fish transferred to the cage farm.
• Ensures that hatchery consumables are kept in stock, ordering where necessary
• Trains and supervises team members in the proper techniques of fish handling, sorting, pond inventory and sampling, fish transportation, and all other fish husbandry activities.
• Monitors or patrols work area and enforces safety or sanitation regulations.
• Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Maintains routine cleaning, maintenance, and/or repairs. Drives large and/or specialized equipment’s
• Ability to work flexible work schedules with varying hours as required.
• Recommends or implements measures to motivate employees and improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
Industry Type : Agriculture / Dairy / Poultry / Livestock
Functional Area : Other
Desired Candidate Profile
Key Performance Indicators • Actual production vs. Targeted production • Number of safety violations • Number of miscalculations in production schedules • Efficiency of production staff Competencies • Extensive knowledge of feeding systems, grading, fish husbandry, fish health, site maintenance, related record keeping and equipment upkeep. • Thorough knowledge of all aspects of biosecurity procedures • Experience with the operation of freshwater recirculation system • Abel to learn, have a background in fish husbandry, be an effective communicator, team leader. Educational qualification: Diploma / Degree in Biology/ Aquaculture/ Fisheries Resource Management Experience - 5-7 years relevant aquaculture experience
Start Date : 28/01/2016
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs