• Bachelor of Science in Engineering
• Minimum of15 years of working experience in Oil & Gas and/ or Chemical industry in various project phases
• At least ten (10) years experience in Projects Cost Estimation & Control.
• Should possess supporting skills & knowledge towards Engineering Economics, Planning & Scheduling basics including Construction plans understanding, Value Engineering, Key Cost Control techniques, Contracting arrangement (Type/Contents etc )
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English); Good supervisory skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite of software programs.
Job purpose & Scope:
• To provide total cost management involving cost estimating, engineering economics and integrated project cost control for all Brownfield Projects inclusive of cost estimating support services to all Project Teams and to initiate, obtain & update costs throughout all Project phases and form as data bank on the cost of projects, materials, engineering studies and construction activities
• To provide expert Cost Engineering Support for coordinating, Supervising and monitoring for Brownfield Projects organization Annual Operating and Capital Budget, Five Year Business Plan and establishing the criteria for KPI’s.
1. To coordinate availability of relevant cost information from various Technical & Commercial Sections when required.
2. To provide, in liaison with users, accurate cost estimates for various in-house job studies & projects including carrying out economic benefit evaluation for various options studied ( Life Cycle Cost, NPV etc. ) by respective Business Units and Support Units.
3. To review & firm up consultant developed cost estimates at various engineering phases.
4. To follow up the cost related to work executed to identify the accuracy of their cost estimates and utilize to update the records for future estimates
5. To prepare cost estimate for tendered bid packages to bench mark price reasonability and evaluate, analyse & assist in negotiation of single sourced bids.
6. To maintain/update data bank consisting of costs for various projects & studies including collecting information from various local contracting companies.
7. To prepare & compile budget forecast data and documentation for Brownfield Operating Plan and 5-year Business Plan for Capital and Extra Ordinary Operating projects.
8. To consult with respective project management team and other departments as necessary to determine causes of major budget Vs actual variances and remedial alternatives.
9. To maintain a computerized data of the budgets, Five-year Business Plan, accounting and financial records related to the Engineering & Technical Projects, including commitments, AFEs raised and expenditure of the current year.
10. To periodically monitor cost trends, analyse and project forecasts to execute project controls and issue various cost & financial status reports periodically ( Monthly/Quarterly ) for Management and all concerned parties on the current approved Budget and project costs
11. To provide budget and expenditure information to the FINCTO/ FINM and reconcile periodically project accounting records for any differences for future action.
12. To develop estimate confidence package for Brownfield projects prior to submission of funding requests
Desired Candidate Profile
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
Regular interactions with Project Controls Engineer and Planning Engineer
With Site planning engineers
Interactions with contractors on cost verifications and schedule basis
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
• Has overall responsibility and accountability for the cost estimates process
• Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision
• Exercises judgment in making decisions; know when to seek advice
Start Date : 14/01/2016
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs