Purpose of the HSE Engineer:
• The role of the HSE Engineer is to provide Health, Safety and Environmental support to all aspects of the project construction activities. The incumbent will proactively implement and maintain worksite hazard management processes and Company HSE policies and procedures to a high standard, in line with the Company Standards as well as any relevant laws and regulations.
• This position will play a key role within the Company HSE team, supporting the HSE Manager and acting as a hands on focal point for HSE issues that promote Health Safety and Environmental awareness with all CAE Employees and Contractor Employees that are engaged on the project work scope. This ensuring that a positive HSE culture and behaviors are achieved.
The job holder is responsible for:
• Supporting HSE Manager with the implementation of the CAE HSE-MS and procedures for operations/work scope.
• Supporting Company and Contractor(s) responsibility personnel ie Supervisors foreman and their teams in building a pro-active HSE culture at all levels;
• Monitoring the implementation of the permit-to-work systems to ensure that only authorized work is being carried out;
• Support within the implementation of risk management activities in line with the project and SIMOPS documentation/requirements.
• Initiate, implement, record and close out actions raised from organized / scheduled HSE inspections of Company and Contractor(s) work activities/operations;
• Participates and as required chairs Contractor HSE meetings;
• Ensuring implementation of H2S procedures and verifying that H2S related critical equipment is in place as intended and meeting performance standards, as and where required;
• Assist in Emergency Response and Oil Spill response exercises / issues as and where necessary, ensuring that emergency equipment is readily available and in good working order. Any shortage / damage of equipment and or materials shall be reported immediately to responsible personnel.
• Identifying non-compliance with HSE processes / work activities and ensuring prompt corrective remedial measures / actions are taken with the responsible line supervisor or manager.
• Participating within Risk Assessments process activities to ensure that hazards are recognized, suitable and sufficient controls are implemented and the process is documented in accordance with best industry practices. In particular remain directly involved with preparation for High risk work activities.
• Daily participating and overseeing Company and Contractor(s) toolbox talks;
• Coach and develop local Contractor HSE staff to acquire the required standard of competencies to ensure HSE standards are maintained to a high level.
• Participate within accident / incident investigations, including monitoring action item progress through to completions / close out.
• Support lateral learning and sharing of information between different areas through direct engagements and communication including maintenance of HSE notice boards information, dissemination of alerts etc.
•Produce a daily report to HSE Coordinator and/or HSE Manager of activities, issues that have arisen.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Good computer knowledge and computer skills.
• Good presentation and investigation skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively with various personnel and teams and be flexible in work assignments.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently, on own initiative.
• Full knowledge, understanding and competence in the use of self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
• Supervisory potential.
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English. A knowledge of Arabic and one of the common workforce languages would be a definite advantage.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to operate effectively in a multinational, multicultural work environment. HSE Engineer
This position is offshore Island based.
Working Hours : 10 hours per day & 06 days a week.
Start Date : 04/12/2015
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs