We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC in Qatar for a:
SENIOR ROTATING EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
This is an opportunity for you to lead and be responsible for the Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer technical input into the design, fabrication, construction, testing, and installation and commissioning of the offshore facilities with focus on the successful execution of the project on time, within budget and in accordance with the agreed project requirements, specifications and standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide technical expertise/service to the Project in for development of design for rotating equipment packages for highly sour offshore facilities with special attention to FEED, Detailed Design and in EPIC Execution stage.
* Develop and endorse machinery selection reports, application and sizing studies and select best techno-commercial solutions to ensure designs are optimal, safe, cost effective and in compliance with the latest Codes, Standards, National and QP Corporate requirements and Procedures.
* Lead machinery material handling and lifting studies
* Support FEED execution and procurement of Long Lead Items, review and provide input to Technical deviations, support tendering activities (including tendering preparation, pre-qualification, bid evaluation and award) for FEED and EPIC contracts.
* Review detailed design specifications and drawings submitted by Contractors and Consulting Engineers for compliance with Design Basis, Specifications, Codes, Standards and Industry Practices.
* Undertake various Rotating equipment package design, selection/application and sizing studies, as well as studies for existing facilities revamp/upgrade as necessary.
* Provide rotating equipment technical support to Project in various phases of the Project lifecycle i.e. Study, SOW preparation, Pre-award evaluations, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Start-up phases.
* Ensure full life cycle costs are taken into consideration during the decision- making process for design. Carry out in-house Mechanical design related to optimization and selection studies, prepare data sheets and specifications for Rotating Equipment.
SPIE Oil and Gas Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Desired Candidate Profile
Ideally you will have a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in Oil & Gas industry with an Oil & Gas Company or reputed Consultancy/Contractor in the areas of design and selection of Rotating Equipment (pumps, compressors, gas turbines, variable speed drive systems, turbo-machinery packages, expander compressors etc). The candidate shall have adequate exposure in developing and endorsing machinery selection/application and sizing studies for major rotating equipment such as compressors and pumps with large prime movers-gas turbines and motors. Experienced in FAT, SAT, pre-commissioning / commissioning / Start-up /Operation Support and trouble shooting. Must possess excellent written and oral English language and reporting skills
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity.
All our positions are suitable for disabled people.
Start Date : 04/12/2015
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs