• Evaluating offset data before the start of drilling
• Comparing data gathered during drilling with predictions made at the offset well operation.
• Taking full responsibility for making decisions about suspending or continuing drilling;
• Advising operations personnel on-site and in the operations office related to geological activities.
• Acting, in effect, as the representative of the offshore oil company geology team
• Keeping detailed records, writing reports, completing daily, weekly and post-well reporting logs and sending these to appropriate departments and COMPANYs Drilling Superintendent and Drilling Manager
• Supervision of Mud Logging and well unloading activities on rig site offshore
• Cuttings and samples lithological description and sample storage
• Supervision, daily and other periodical reporting, MasterLog data check, supervision of hydrocarbon and H2S readings, mud logging equipment regular testing
• Assist on casing and coring point decision
• Revise well correlations if/when requested
• Supervise and assist in coring operations. Prepare relevant documentation
• Supervise/witness LWD and WL logging data acquisition.
• Responsible of quality control check and deliverables preparation in any related geological activity.
• Actively interface drilling staff on rig site (SDSV, DSV & Drilling Superintendent) to advise on subsurface related matters.
• Full understanding of pore pressure and fracture gradient estimates and communication of any deviation from prognosed to the wellsite drilling team and operations geologist.
• Review of all drilling risks prior to each hole section and effectively communicating these to the drilling team at the wellsite. 'No Drilling Surprises' is a key driver in COMPANY operations.
• Populate the Wellsite Data Book with significant operational events and any associated NPT.
• Specific experience is required in understanding borehole instability issues and the collation of all geologically related data including hydrocarbon shows.
• Capture Lessons Learnt in Wellsite Data Book
• Supervision and quality assurance of all LWD and Wireline Services.
• Ensure that all real-time subsurface data is available to all authorised parties.
• Support drilling team with information on formation changes and assist in bit trip decisions.
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of MWD (measuring while drilling) tools, such as gamma and resistivity, as geosteering becomes increasingly important.
• Communicating regularly with onshore operations offices.
• Check contractors performances
Desired Candidate Profile
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Must be Indonesian with age between 34 to 50 years old.
• Minimum 8 years of industry experience which 5 years of experience as Wellsite geologis.t
• Direct experience in offshore well operations.
• Have excellent knowledge of geology in siliciclastics and carbonates.
• Experience in fracture carbonate reservoir and well with high temperature.
• Strong background in the theory and practical application of pore pressure prediction is required.
• Must be able to operate the Geologger full suite software
• Regional experience from Offshore Java (Madura Offshore) is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in drilling with ERD and horizontal wells.
• Experience in Development wells operation.
• Bachelor Degree in Earth Science or Geology or similar from university.
• Very good knowledge of English language essential.
• Computer Literate. Familiarity with geological software packages.
• Have valid offshore safety passport (T-BOSIET).
Start Date : 29/11/2015
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs