Sparrows are a global market-leading mechanical engineering contractor, focused on delivering outstanding lifting and handling engineering, product, operations and maintenance solutions to the offshore oil and gas industry. Headquartered in Aberdeen, Sparrows employs over 2200 people through its 21 operating bases spanning 5 continents.
As part of an ambitious 5 years strategic growth plan we are looking Riggers to join our training team. As we move into this significant period of growth, we are looking to expand the capabilities of our training team
The Riggers main responsibility is to carry out rigging duties under the direction of the Crane Supervisor/Workshop Foreman.
At Sparrows we offer a career not just a job; we actively support our employees to explore opportunities for growth. We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package – there has never been a better time to join us!
• The incumbent is required to work onshore / offshore ‘as required’.
• The primary responsibility is to perform rigging duties under the direction of nominated personnel and in accordance with the authorised operators instructions manual and platform operating procedures.
• The incumbent will be responsible for rigging duties involved in load testing of cranes and lifting equipment to be re-certified.
• Understanding of lifting plans.
• Awareness of conflicting activities which could affect the operation.
• Demonstrate an understanding of Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations
• This may be to accompany technicians to help with the installation / removal of machinery adhering to a work pack.
• Carry out routine checks on lifting equipment in accordance with the maintenance procedures and pre-use checklists.
• Assist maintenance personnel in routine maintenance, repair activities etc. as directed by the nominated personnel.
• Direct contact with the supervisor should always be maintained, giving an up-to-date report on the current situation.
• Whilst offshore, the incumbent may be required to carry out rigging duties at a Client’s request and therefore would be expected to liaise directly with platform personnel.
• The incumbent must adopt a co-operative attitude towards being assigned alternative or additional duties to that which they are primarily employed which may include working additional hours (overtime)
Start Date : 30/10/2015
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs