WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors.
Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. We currently employ 35,600 people in 157 offices across 46 countries.
WorleyParsons looking for Principal Pipeline Engineer for our In-house Engineer to be based in UAE.
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Be the Principal Pipeline Engineer on multiple projects related to onshore pipeline systems and to steer Pipeline Engineering team by providing guidance & technical advice.
This role is suited to an individual who is passionate, self-motivated and driven to succeed in the Pipeline industry. Supervise, manage and deliver onshore pipeline discipline development engineering and detail design services in a team environment primarily within the hydrocarbons Customer Segment Group (CSG)
Provide technical leadership for optimization in all facets of project delivery including innovations in tendering, estimation and planning plus involvement in industry research and standards whilst embracing an impressive suite of company systems in achieving cost effective outcomes.
To ensure that work carried out conforms with agreed codes and practices, meets all requirements of the contract specifications and ensure all work is carried out within agreed schedules & budgets following company procedures. Aware of and follows Management of Change process.
Initiate and oversee specific pipeline design tasks performed by engineers related to onshore pipeline systems.
• Independent handling of engineering activities pertaining to assigned pipeline project.
• Pipeline route selection, to optimise costs of new pipelines.
• Pipeline sizing and design to meet performance criteria.
• Cost estimating for pipelines and facilities.
• Providing pipeline construction support.
• Up to date knowledge and experience in onshore pipeline design for oil & gas industry
• All design engineering activities, project management skills, technical execution and completion of engineering assigned tasks
• Assisting the project engineers in the co-ordination and preparation of input into the contract documents for each discipline area, including design criteria, scope of work, procedures and design approach.
• Liaison and co-ordination with other engineers and discipline groups on the contract to effect timely production of deliverables.
• Technical writing activities, in particular, production of technical reports and procedures
• Provide interpretation and verification of design & engineering
• Facilitate and administer interdisciplinary coordination.
• Providing proposal inputs for the new jobs under bidding stage.
• Setting high performance standards for the team of engineers working on the assigned project.
• Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Oil and Gas Business Unit.
• Safety – Responsible for personal safety, safe working practices for the Oil and Gas Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
• Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent Degree in Mechanical
• Affiliation of engineers institutes/bodies shall give additional advantage
• At least 15 years pipeline design engineering experience in the Oil and Gas industry and related petrochemicals industry.
• Capabilities of working with various project teams (Ability to manage projects)
• Proven ability to work without any supervision and ability and willingness to meet agreed deadlines
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness and ability to work as part of team
• Well-developed report writing skills
• Excellent Communication & Presentation skills
• Extensive experience in FEED and detailed design of Oil and Gas pipelines.
• Computer skills particularly in the use of CEASER package for stress analysis.
• Project management and project control skills are essential so as to plan the assigned pipeline project to complete the discipline engineering within budgeted cost & time.
• Good Team leader
• Consistent performance under pressure
Start Date : 27/08/2015
Status : Waiting
Search Jobs in Middle East, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. Post your Resume and find your dream job on allworldjob.com Now! allworldjob.com, career openings, job, vacancies, careers, job search, jobs, job site, middle east job sites, online jobs